Wednesday 19 August 2020

Review: Room and breakfast Red by Sirocco KL

 Assalamualaikum πŸ’—

Last two weeks we went for a short staycation at Red by Sirocco hotel in Bukit Bintang area. Booked thru Traveloka and it was a smooth booking experience I can say. Among all, we choose this hotel sebab this hotel dapat 2020 Traveloka hotel awards winner (which make me fall for it in an instance) and it got 4-star rating inside the Traveloka apps.

I was so happy.

As I thought I made a great deal from it.

(baca sampai habis to know the whole story oki)

Our room card ft icha.

During check in, I was told the TV is not functioning. Bila i tanya pekerja tu , dia tak boleh nak explain in a proper way (dia cakap slow gila and I taktau dia mumble apa sebenarnya). I pula main teka teka apa dia cuba nak bagitahu, and lastly I heard he said ada maintenance for about one month. I tak tahu la what kind of maintenance yang melibatkan TV satu hotel selama sebulan. huhu.

Bila tanya about parking, he said parking untuk hotel takda tapi boleh parking depan hotel. Bayar RM 10 per day. I terus pandang pekerja tu. TV rosak? Parking also kena bayar?

I told my husband about TV and parking, speechless terus dia. TV rosak? Seriously?πŸ˜“ --- we thought that will be the only problem. but... πŸ˜…

By the way..

Ni luaran hotel. Cantik kan?


These are some of the room photos:

The toilet.


TV ada, but we couldn't locate the plug. Penat fikir so we think maybe its inside the wall haha.


Some of the toiletries.


Coffee machine and tea. Ni la kut yang buat i tertarik masa booking.


Shower yang clog after few minutes mandi, nak tunggu air kering lama ya. Tried to call receptionist to report about this but the phone is not functioning. Yes....... even telefon pun tak berfungsi πŸ˜…


Katil dia besaq, I think king size. walaupun besar masihhhh icha conquer whole bed πŸ˜‚


Oki ni sejuk sikit hati.

Ada working table juga, and this hotel provide balcony for each room. This one best sebab bila icha tidoq, kami dok luaq sembang sambil tengok scenery. πŸ˜€

For breakfast: We call for breakfast at 8am, but they said breakfast was not yet ready. Called a few times regarding breakfast and we got it at 10 am. The menu was English breakfast and it was just okay. Lama menunggu definitely not worth it ya if you purposely add in money for breakfast.

Definitely below my expectation.

I am a bit frustated with my staycation at this hotel. I tak tahu samada ni sebab COVID 19 tapi I berharap perkhidmatan hotel ni boleh diperbaiki lagi dimasa hadapan. One of the other reason I choose this hotel is because of their infinity pool. Sadly i tak sempat nak dip my toes there. So, I can only do my review on the room and the breakfast itself. But I heard there is a lot of good review about their pool Maybe you can give it a try?

p/s: Before booked hotel ni I baca banyak good reviews in the traveloka apps. Maybe it was my bad day. Dapat tv rosak, telefon rosak, breakfast lambat gila, shower clog, inquiry about iron tak di layan (Bila kami minta iron, they said we will get before 10 am. But we didn't get it until check out at 11 am.) and parking kena bayar. Phew πŸ˜…

2 comments:

Imeehezal said...

Hai puan, not just you yang rasa mcm ni. My BIL from Kedah pun share the same experience. They arrived late like 9/10pm gitu...with no receptionist welcoming them. Only the guard yang bagi kunci bilik. Aikkk??
Breakfast pun lewat...like after 10am baru ready. Tu breakfast ke atau brunch?

Saya pun mcm puan...excited to stay here because of the coffee machine 😁 and th pool but after what happened to my BIL, terus tak jadilah. Better I go Double Tree or Melia. Harga lebih kureng je.

sarah said...

Seriously your BIL encounter the same thing macam i? Aduhai. Rasa frust betul. I nak cuba lah those two hotels yang u recommend tu. hehe thank you!